I have changed the battery icon on my phone. you should try it also but try it on your own risk.
This is done by modifying SystemUI.apk.
- Download and install Root Explorer on your phone.
- Download this modified SystemUI.apk and place it on sdcard
- Using root explorer go on sdcard find and copy modified SystemUI.apk by long pressing it. Press back and go to /system/app then tap MOUNT R/W at the top.
- Paste the SystemUI.apk there.
- If prompted for overwriting press overwright.
- NOW your phone may hang then wait for a while and press power button to power off your phone and turn it on again you may see that there is no status bar, no battery icon and no signal icons, this happened to me but don`t worry open root explorer and open /system/app and search for SystemUI.apk (if not there repeat step 3 and 4) and long press it then press permissions.
- And check the check-boxes as i have.
If you are having any problems comment on this post. I will try to reply ASAP.